Photo by Craig Tooley.
The Sea Ranch Association is seeking an Accounting Manager to spearhead financial planning and analysis and other key accounting functions including the preparation of financial statements and reporting, reconciling accounts to the general ledger, and coordinating audits
This important role shapes key financial decisions and investments and ensures financial accuracy and transparency for a unique and engaging community on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
- Exempt, full-time, salaried position, on-site in The Sea Ranch, CA, or remote/hybrid
- $90,000 – $105,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Full medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, 401k with matching, life insurance, and continuing education opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting or Finance, at least five years’ experience in accounting, and a strong understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Fund Accounting.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and reports as required by Davis-Stirling Common Investment Development Act, applicable Federal and state laws, and The Sea Ranch Association (TSRA) governance and procedures
- Ensure proper accounting policies and procedures are followed in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis and research/resolve all discrepancies
- Create and record required journal entries, retaining accurate support in electronic format
- Perform expense analysis (actual vs budget & actual vs prior periods), research/resolve all discrepancies, and provide explanations and context as appropriate.
- Coordinate preparation and successful implementation of annual budget and long-term plans and forecasts
- Oversee payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Preserve internal controls and procedures and revise as necessary in partnership with department head/Director
- Collaborate with Finance and Human Resources team and external vendors to streamline and automate processes and procedures
- Calculate and prepare various company allocations for the Company’s water utility subsidiary and reconcile intercompany accounts and research/resolve all discrepancies
What You’ll Need:
- Accredited university or college Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Fund Accounting
- Prior experience with a public agency, homeowners association, or municipal environment is desirable.
- Prior experience using cloud-based financial management and/or accounting software, such as Sage Intacct
The Sea Ranch Association is the homeowners association of an architecturally inspired community where environmental stewardship and commitment to iconic housing design concepts coexist on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuing Education Opportunities – If you have the desire, you can grow the role.
- Robust benefits package: Full benefits, Paid Vacation and Sick, 401k Matching, etc.
- Full-time position with flexible schedule. Attendance at some weekend activities as required.
- Access to facilities, trails, and other member benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and salary requests to Rebekah Barakos-Cartwright, TSRA HR Generalist, at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.