Board Clerk and Corporate Secretary – $1,000 Signing Bonus
The Sea Ranch Association is seeking a Board Clerk and Corporate Secretary to work with the Board of Directors and other community leaders at a unique and world-renowned community.
- Responsible for maintaining the official corporate records of The Sea Ranch Association (TSRA) and developing and disseminating Board of Director meetings, minutes, agendas, and related documentation and communication.
- Full-time position with flexibility for remote work. Attendance at Board and other meetings on Saturdays as required.
- $75,000-$95,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Full medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, 401k with matching, life insurance, and continuing education opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with thought leaders, dedicated volunteers, and senior management to drive strategic planning and ensure implementation as well as strong organizational and project management skills. The Board Clerk and Corporate Secretary coordinates, organizes, and plans highly visible and impactful activities and functions in support of The Sea Ranch Association and Board of Directors.
- In collaboration with TSRA leaders, serves as primary staff support partner for the Board of Directors, creating and managing meeting calendars, agenda packets, minutes, notes, resolutions, related documentation and materials.
- Ensures compliance with Davis-Stirling Act requirements (regulatory framework that governs California homeowners associations), parliamentary procedures, Roberts Rules of Order, and TSRA policies and governance, serving as subject matter expert.
- Maintains copies of TSRA governance documents, including financial statements, committee appointments and rosters, awards and publications, and key historical materials.
- Maintains copies of contracts and agreements, including legal documents and filings
- Oversees secure document retention system and policy, enabling ease of retrieval, reference, and renewal/proactive action as needed.
- Partners closely with TSRA leaders and Board of Directors to ensure visibility and transparency across the organization through the timely communication of meeting information.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience in operations, administration, and customer service.
- Bachelor of Science degree or education commensurate with the needs of the position.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Prior experience with a public agency, homeowners association, or municipal environment is desirable.
- Understanding of basic Davis Stirling requirements, Roberts Rules of Order, and parliamentary procedures.
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC equipment, and manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Ability to think independently while acting within the policy guidelines given, use good judgment, and appropriate levels of confidentiality, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strategic and holistic thinking beyond immediate individual accountabilities to perceive and address needs above and below the assigned level of authority.
- Ability to maintain a superior customer service orientation at all levels of TSRA.
- Notary Public certification or willing to pursue certification as a Notary Public.
The Sea Ranch Association is the homeowners association of an architecturally inspired community where environmental stewardship and commitment to iconic housing design concepts coexist on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuing education opportunities – If you have the desire, you can grow the role
- Robust benefits package: Full benefits, Paid Vacation and Sick, 401k Matching, etc.
- Full-time, salaried position with flexibility for remote work. Candidates must live within commuting distance to attend meetings or events in-person as required.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requests to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.