Photo by J Kohari.
Director of Financial Services & Human Resources
The Sea Ranch Association is seeking a Director of Financial Services and Human Resources to guide the financial operations and personnel management for a unique and engaging community on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
This position is responsible for all financial operations, fiscal planning, and investments for The Sea Ranch Association and The Sea Ranch Water Company and oversees all operations of the Finance and Human Resources Department.
- Exempt, full-time, salaried position, on-site in The Sea Ranch, CA
- $125,000 – $145,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Full medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, 401k with matching, life insurance, and continuing education opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance and at least five (5) years’ experience in finance, economics, or accounting with increasing supervisory or management responsibilities.
- Maintain financial records of The Sea Ranch Association (TSRA), including The Sea Ranch Water Company, and produce financial statements and analyses as required
- Reconcile bank statements and cash accounts
- Prepare for annual independent audit and interface with auditors
- Create and maintain human resources policies and procedures in accordance with state and Federal laws
- Monitor financial services and policies to ensure that they are in accordance with Association policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Review and approve all financial records and statements
- Manage investment portfolio in accordance with Association policy, in partnership with the Finance Committee
- Purchase and maintain applicable insurance coverage for liability and workers compensation
- Prepare and lead annual budget planning
- Advise Community Manager, Board of Directors and Finance Committee regarding budget matters; prepare materials for and attend all budget hearings and Finance Committee meetings
- Maintain long term budget planning models and schedules
- Research and advise on planned or potential economic and financial activities of The Sea Ranch Association, The Sea Ranch Water Company and the Onsite Wastewater Disposal Zone in capital replacement and acquisition matters, including potential tax consequences
- Provide fiscal oversight for The Sea Ranch Water Company; represent the company before the California Public Utilities Commission or other regulatory agencies on matters regarding finance and rates
- Assign and coordinate the duties and responsibilities of the Finance and HR Department, including management of department operating budget, staff activities, and performance
What You’ll Need:
- Accredited university or college Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Fund Accounting
- Prior experience with a public agency, homeowners association, or municipal environment is desirable
- Prior experience using cloud-based financial management and/or accounting software, such as Sage Intacct
The Sea Ranch Association is the homeowners association of an architecturally inspired community where environmental stewardship and commitment to iconic housing design concepts coexist on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuing Education Opportunities – If you have the desire, you can grow the role.
- Robust benefits package: Full benefits, Paid Vacation and Sick, 401k Matching, etc.
- Full-time position with flexible schedule. Attendance at some weekend activities as required.
- Access to facilities, trails, and other member benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and salary requests to Rebekah Barakos-Cartwright, TSRA HR Generalist, at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.