Director of Environmental Planning and Design
The Sea Ranch Association is seeking a Director of Environmental Planning and Design to guide the overall management and operations of the department of Design, Compliance and Environmental Management. This important role leads the strategies for all vegetation/environmental planning, design, and management/stewardship of The Sea Ranch landscape and built environment, in accordance with the founding principles of The Sea Ranch development.
- Exempt, full- time, salaried management position, on-site in The Sea Ranch, CA or hybrid
- $135,000 – $150,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Full medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick time, 401k with matching, life insurance, and continuing education opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Ecology, or Regional Planning, and at least five years’ experience in community development, environmental review, and strategic vegetation management or related field.
- Assist The Sea Ranch members in stewarding Halprin’s founding principles on their private parcels, as well as guiding The Sea Ranch Association in the management of our shared Commons
- Assign and coordinate the duties and responsibilities of the DCEM Department.
- Ensure all Department operations and functions are implemented in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Monitor operations and functions to improve customer service, time management and communication for the Department.
- Champion and manage resiliency planning to identify potential environmental hazards, threats and impacts, and then establish adaptation, mitigation, and recovery plans.
- Work with other senior TSRA staff and member committees, guide and manage the creation, updates, and implementation of long term strategic and operational programs such as the Fuels Management Program (FMP), Hedgerow Rehabilitation, Commons Landscape Implementation Program, Comprehensive Environmental Plan and other environmental and land-use planning related efforts.
- Supervise and work closely with the Director of Design Review to conceive, develop and implement procedures for providing professional, efficient, and thorough design review services to Association members.
What You’ll Need:
- Accredited university or college Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Ecology, Regional Planning, or closely related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in increasingly responsible professional service.
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, techniques and trends of community planning and landscape architecture.
- Ability to interpret and administer applicable portions of The Sea Ranch Design Manual and Rules and other departmental and Association policies.
- Deep understanding of California Environmental Quality Act and California Coastal Act policies, knowledge of native California coastal flora and environmentally sensitive habitat resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution, organizational, negotiation and strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Personnel management and supervisory experience preferred, as well as financial budget management.
The Sea Ranch Association is the homeowners association of an architecturally inspired community where environmental stewardship and commitment to iconic housing design concepts coexist on a beautiful, wild stretch of the Northern California coast.
Why You Should Apply:
- Continuing Education Opportunities – If you have the desire, you can grow the role.
- Robust benefits package: Full benefits, Paid Vacation and Sick, 401k Matching, etc.
- Full time position with flexible schedule. Attendance at some weekend activities as required.
- Access to facilities, trails, and other member benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and salary requests to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.